Sunday, October 11, 2009

Famous Births of 1966


*Jan. 6 – Andrew Wood – Lead singer of Mother Love Bone.



*Jan. 20 – Rainn Wilson – Emmy nominated actor, most well known for playing Dwight Schrute on The Office.



*Feb. 22 – Rachel Dratch – Saturday Night Live alumnus and extremely funny woman. She is one of my all-time favorite SNL cast members. I think she is vastly under-rated and should be a much bigger star. Personally, I also think she's hot.



*Feb. 27 – Donal Logue – Actor most well known for playing Sean Finnerty on Grounded for Life. I've been seeing this guy on TV for years and he's always funny and likeable.



*Mar. 10 – Edie Brickell – Lead singer of Edie Brickell & New Bohemians. What I Am came out in 1988. That song really takes me back to high school.



*Mar. 26 – Michael Imperioli – Emmy winning actor. Christopher Moltisanti on The Sopranos. I love the one where he and Paulie are stuck out in the woods.







*Apr. 5 – Mike McCready – Lead guitarist for Pearl Jam.






*Apr. 9 – Cynthia Nixon – Emmy, Tony & Grammy winning actress most famous for playing Miranda Hobbes on Sex and the City. I may just have a thing for redheads, but she was always my favorite one on that show. She's been acting since she was a kid. Did you know she was in Little Darlings way back in 1980?



*Apr. 15 – Samantha Fox – British pop star and Page 3 girl. She had a massive international hit with Touch Me in 1986.



*Apr. 22 – Jeffrey Dean Morgan – He was The Comedian in Watchmen. Still the best movie I've seen this year.



*May 16 – Janet Jackson – Hugely successful musical artist and member of the Jackson family. Very beautiful woman with the best abs I've ever seen.



*May 26 – Helena Bonham Carter – Oscar nominated actress. She was wonderful in The Wings of the Dove & Sweeney Todd. I've been a big fan of hers since Lady Jane in 1986.



*Jun. 4 – Cecilia Bartoli – Incredibly talented Italian opera singer. One of my fondest dreams would be fulfilled if she would come sing in Seattle. I can listen to her sing all day.






*Jun. 8 – Julianna Margulies – Emmy winning actress most well known as ER's Nurse Carol Hathaway, one of the best television characters of the 90s. Very beautiful woman.



*Jun. 17 – Christy Canyon – Legendary adult film star.



*Jun. 27 – J.J. Abrams – Creator of Lost & Cloverfield. He directed the new Star Trek movie. I can't wait to see what he's gonna do next.



*Jun. 28 – John Cusack – One of the best actors of his generation. I highly recommend seeing The Grifters, Bullets Over Broadway, & High Fidelity.



*Jun. 30 – Mike Tyson – Former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.






*Jul. 14 – Tanya Donelly – Talented singer, songwriter, & guitarist. Co-founder of Throwing Muses. Had a major hit with her band Belly's song Feed the Tree in 1993






*Jul. 14 – Matthew Fox – Golden Globe nominated actor most famous for playing Dr. Jack Shepherd on Lost. I'm completely addicted to that show.



*Jul. 20 – Stone Gossard – Rhythm guitarist for Pearl Jam.



*Aug. 7 – Kristin Hersh – Lead singer and guitarist for Throwing Muses. She has also had several incredible solo albums including Hips and Makers & Sky Motel. One of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time. She should be much more famous. I've seen her play live three times now and she kicks ass.










*Aug. 14 – Halle Berry – Oscar winning actress and one of the world's most beautiful women. She was amazing in Monster's Ball.


*Aug. 25 – Robert Maschio – Dude! It's The Todd!






*Aug. 26 – Shirley Manson – Lead singer of Garbage.



*Sep. 2 – Salma Hayek – Oscar nominated actress. Incredible in Frida and many other movies. One of the most stunningly beautiful women in Hollywood history. From what I hear, she's a very nice and down to earth person in real life.



*Sep. 9 – Adam Sandler – Saturday Night Live alumnus who has gone on to great success. I particularly loved Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, The Waterboy, Little Nicky, & Punch-Drunk Love.



*Sep. 12 – Darren E. Burrows – Actor famous for playing Ed Chigliak on Northern Exposure. I loved Northern Exposure.


*Sep. 17 – Doug E. Fresh – Classic old school rapper. In 1985, The Show was one of the coolest things I'd ever heard. Hey, I was only 14.






*Oct. 31 – Adam Horovitz – King Ad-Rock of The Beastie Boys. Who imagined back in 1986, when Licensed to Ill came out, that they would still be together 23 years later?



*Nov. 2 – David Schwimmer – Emmy nominated actor. Played Ross Geller on Friends. I think I've seen every episode of Friends at least three times.



*Dec. 8 – Sinéad O’Connor – Phenomenal Irish vocalist. One of the best female voices to emerge from the 80's. I adore Sinéad O'Connor.






*Dec. 9 – Toby Huss – Very cool actor. You might remember him as The Wiz on Seinfeld or Artie the strongest man in the world on The Adventures of Pete & Pete. Perhaps you've heard him as the voices of Cotton and Kahn on King of the Hill. I became a big fan when he was playing Stumpy Dreifuss, the cooch show hawker on Carnivàle. That was a great show that was cancelled far too soon.


*Dec. 20 – Chris Robinson – Lead singer of The Black Crowes.


*Dec. 21 – Kiefer Sutherland – Emmy & Golden Globe winning actor. Famous since 1987's The Lost Boys. Most well known as 24's Agent Jack Bauer.




No comments: